Friday, May 23, 2008

Learn Irish Drumming

While Ireland is on my mind (as I'll be travelling there for my honeymoon in two weeks!) I found this workshop on Irish drumming on a bodhran!

SUNDAY, JUNE 8, 2008 (Public)
Bodhran Bashing 101 Workshop with Robert McMaster
Vesta Centre
42014 Ferguson Line (at Wellington Rd South)
St. Thomas ON
Time: 1 pm to 4 pm
Registration: $40

All the basics in one afternoon of fun. Travel the world on the head of drum. Learn what to look for when buying a bodhran, the care and feeding of your "goat", choosing the right tipper, and the fun-damentals of Irish drumming, all the basic beats for jigs, reels, marches and beyond. You don't have to own a drum to join this class. Robert's teaching style is laid-back, fun and richly informative. To register, call 519-438-3924, or email rmcmaster@knockgrafton.com.

Check out http://www.knockgrafton.com/ for great harp music by Jennifer White and accompanied by Robert McMaster.

There are a few people in the area interested in drumming and if you are up for a bit of travel I'm sure this will be a great workshop. If I wasn't recovering from my wedding the night before I'd probably go!

No comments: